Stained Glass Nails Using Jelly Powders
Est. $86+ / Mani
Est. $11+ / Mani
You'll want to use jelly powders for these transparent overlays - keep an eye out because we're launching them soon!
- Apply a thin coat of Step 1 Bond. Allow it to dry completely.
- Apply a thin coat of Step 2 Base and immediately dip fingernail at an angle into Base & Finish powder.
PRO TIP: Avoid getting the product onto cuticles, powder will pick up wherever Base is applied.
- Carefully place some strips of nail art tape on the nail in different directions.
- Apply a thin coat of Step 2 Base to the entire nail. Then use a small scoop to pour a different color powder onto each section. Here we are using JL-02 (Pink), JL-03(Yellow/Green), JL-04(Purple), JL-05 (Orange), and JL-07 (Teal). Tap finger to remove loose powder.
Get free tutorials every week!
Sign up for fresh nail inspo & exclusive discounts delivered right to your inbox!
- Repeat application for more coverage.
PRO TIP: Brushes may harden or pick up color powder during application. Simply switch them between Brush Softener for easy cleaning & workability.
- Gently remove the nail art tape from the nail.
- Apply Step 3 Activator to each color section on the nail. Allow 3-5 minutes for powder to harden.
- Use a file to carefully straighten out the edges of each color section.
- Carefully apply Step 2 Base to the lines between the color sections. Then immediately pour CL-64 over the wet base.
- Tap finger to remove loose powder, then use a fluffy brush to sweep off excess powder. Repeat for more coverage.
- Apply a coat of Step 3 Activator to the entire nail. Allow 3-5 minutes for the dip blend to harden.
PRO TIP: If you live in a humid climate, you may need to increase your dry time.
- File and buff nails to achieve desired shape and smoothness.
- Wash hands or use a lint-free wipe saturated in alcohol to wipe the nails clean.
PRO TIP: Make sure nails are completely dry before moving to the next step!
- Apply a thin coat of Step 4 Sealer and allow 2-3 minutes for nails to dry.
PRO TIP: In this step, you can also substitute Sealer for Step 2 Base!
- Apply a second coat of Step 3 Activator to the entire nail. Allow 5 minutes for nails to dry.
- Use a dry lint-free wipe to remove any excess activator from the nail surface.
- Apply a coat of Step 4 Sealer in thin, quick strokes. Allow nails to dry for 2-3 minutes.
- Apply a final coat of Step 4 Sealer. Allow 3-5 minutes for nails to dry completely.
PRO TIP: Don't apply more than 2 consecutive coats of Sealer as this will prevent even drying & may result in a gummy mani.
- Take color-blocking to a new level with this 90s inspired abstract stained glass design. We adore how this turns out with jelly powders and clear acrylic tips!
THE BEST WAY TO START DIPPING
PICK YOUR FAVORITE COLORS AND GET ALL THE LIQUIDS YOU NEED TO CREATE YOUR OWN DIP MANIS THAT LAST 2+ WEEKS WITHOUT CHIPPING! BUILD YOUR OWN BUNDLE HERE!