Matte Black Nails with Glossy Tips: How to Create Matte French mani
Est. $60+ / Mani
Est. $3 / Mani
Make sure you thoroughly prep nails to ensure adhesion & long-lasting wear! Push back cuticles, create a rough texture on the nail plate by filing, and sanitize thoroughly.
You will need the following:
- Apply a thin coat of Step 1 Bond. Allow it to dry completely.
- For a thinner and more even application, be sure to stir powder before dipping.
- Apply a thin coat of Step 2 Base and immediately dip finger into color powder of choice. Here we are using CL-64.
PRO TIP: Brushes may harden or pick up color powder during application. Simply switch them between Brush Softener for easy cleaning & workability.
- Repeat application for more coverage.
- Apply Step 3 Activator and allow a few minutes for powder to harden.
- Buff and shape the nails to desired shape and smoothness.
- Wash hands thoroughly or use a lint-free wipe saturated in alcohol to wipe the nails clean from any filing debris.
PRO TIP: Make sure nails are completely dry before moving to the next step!
- Apply a second coat of Step 3 Activator to the entire nail. Allow 3-5 minutes for nails to dry.
PRO TIP: If you live in a humid climate, you may need to increase your dry time.
- Apply a strip of nail tape to create a French smile line.
- Carefully apply a thin coat of Step 4 Sealer to the tip of the nail and allow 2-3 minutes for it to dry.
- Apply a second, and final, coat of Step 4 Sealer. Allow 3-5 minutes for nails to fully dry. Once dry, peel the nail tape off.
PRO TIP: Don't apply more than 2 coats of Sealer as this will prevent even drying & may result in a gummy mani.
- Get black matte nails with shiny tips using these simple steps! It's an elegant monochrome French mani easier than it looks when you use this dip powder technique.