How to Remove Dip Nails at Home (Hot Rice Method)
20 Minutes Or Less
$10 With A Mani
Make sure you are using uncooked rice and you don't eat it after 😉 DISCLAIMER: Heat time may vary depending on the wattage of your microwave. Please monitor your rice while it is being heated up to avoid any hazard. As a precaution, you can heat the rice in increments of 30 seconds at a time.
- Grow out your mani or if you're itching to rock a new color, start with a semi-fresh set!
- Using our buffer & file set, buff off the shiny layer of dip. Make sure you don't buff all the way to the natural nail!
PRO TIP: Buff off as much dip as you can (without going all the way to your nail plate), this will shorten the soak time later on
- Heat uncooked rice in a microwave safe bowl for 1 to 2 minutes
- DISCLAIMER: Heat time may vary depending on the wattage of your microwave. Please monitor your rice while it is being heated up to avoid any hazard. As a precaution, you can heat the rice in increments of 30 seconds at a time.
- Fill an acetone-safe bowl or baggie with 100% pure acetone. Place it in the bowl of rice
PRO TIP: Coat fingers with cuticle / coconut oil. This prevents residue from sticking to your skin & keeps cuticles from drying out!
- Place cotton into the bowl or baggie filled with acetone. Allow nails to soak as long as needed
PRO TIP: Ran out of cotton pads? Use any other household materials like a paper towel, dryer sheet, or an old toothbrush!
- Place a towel over your hands to prevent heat from escaping. The residual heat will activate the acetone and help to break down the dip powder naturally.
- Every few minutes when dip powder becomes gummy, rub your nails against the cotton to help the acetone penetrate through dip layers.
- Continue rubbing nails until the product is completely removed.
- Gently file off any remaining product
PRO TIP: Avoid filing the natural nail plate or harshly picking off larger pieces
- Use a clean lint-free cloth soaked in acetone to remove any remaining residue
- If you’re proceeding with a fresh dip mani, buff & file your nails. Don’t forget to prep the cuticles! Do not use cuticle oil.
- If you’re taking a mani break, treat your hands to some cuticle oil and lotion.