Sugar Nails: Snowflake Nail Art with Dip Powder
Est. $66 / Mani
Est. $5 / Mani
Make sure you thoroughly prep nails to ensure adhesion & long-lasting wear! Push back cuticles, create a rough texture on the nail plate by filing, and sanitize thoroughly.
You will need the following:
- Apply a thin coat of Step 1 Bond. Allow it to dry completely.
- We used PA-21 as the base; be sure to stir thoroughly before use.
- Carefully apply a thin coat of Step 2 Base and immediately dip finger into color powder.
- Repeat for more coverage.
PRO TIP: Use Base & Finish Powder as an initial dip layer to promote longevity and avoid color pigments from staining the natural nail.
- Using the trimmer side of Jelly Pusher or wooden cuticle stick, clean the space between cuticle lines. Use a fluffy brush to sweep off excess powder from nail.
PRO TIP: Avoid getting the product onto cuticles, powder will pick up wherever Base is applied.
- Apply a coat of Step 3 Activator and allow 3-5 minutes for powder to harden.
- Buff and shape nails to your desired finish.
- Wash hands or use a lint free wipe saturated in alcohol to wipe the nails clean
- Apply a second coat of Step 3 Activator and allow 3-5 minutes for powder to harden
PRO TIP: Make sure nails are completely dry before moving to the next step!
- Apply a thin quick coat of Step 4 Sealer and allow 3 minutes for nails to dry.
- Apply a second coat of Step 4 Sealer making sure to cover the free edges. Then allow 3 minutes for nails to dry completely.
PRO TIP: Brushes may harden or pick up color powder during application. Simply switch them between Brush Softener for easy cleaning & workability.
- Place a couple of drops of Step 2 Base onto a small piece of aluminum foil. The shades we used for the design are French White and GL44.
- Using a toothpick & Step 2 Base, draw a snowflake on the nail.
- Then immediately pour French White over nail. Tap to remove loose powder.
- Repeat for additional coverage and additional snowflake details.
- Using a toothpick & Step 2 Base, go back and trace your snowflake. Then immediately pour GL44 over the nail. Tap to remove loose powder.
- Using a toothpick & Step 2 Base, draw some polk a dots on the nail. Then immediately pour French white over nail. Tap to remove loose powder. Trace polka dots with Step 2 Base and pour GL44 over nail. Tap to remove loose powder
- Bring the snow day home with your very own DipWell Dip Kit!
THE BEST WAY TO START DIPPING
PICK YOUR FAVORITE COLORS AND GET ALL THE LIQUIDS YOU NEED TO CREATE YOUR OWN DIP MANIS THAT LAST 2+ WEEKS WITHOUT CHIPPING! BUILD YOUR OWN BUNDLE HERE!