How to Do Ombre Dip Nails for a Summer Sunset Look
est. $95 / Mani
est. $5 / mani
Make sure you thoroughly prep nails to ensure adhesion & long-lasting wear! Push back cuticles, create a rough texture on the nail plate by filing, and sanitize thoroughly.
You will need the following:
- Apply a coat of Step 1 Bond to all fingernails
- Paint a thin coat of Step 2 Base and immediately dip finger into Base & Finish.
- Carefully paint a second coat of Step 2 Base over entire nail. Then immediately dip at an angle into French White. Repeat for more coverage as needed
PRO TIP: Avoid getting the product onto cuticles, powder will pick up wherever Base if applied. Also make sure to tap off excess powder in between coats!
- Use an orangewood stick to gently clean powder from edge of nail, then use fluffy brush to sweep away remaining powder
PRO TIP: Over applied Base? Happens to the best of us. Make sure to wipe off the orangewood stick in between cleaning fingers to prevent build up ruining a mani.
- Using a fluffy brush, the shape being comparable to an eyeshadow brush, dab color powder of choice and blend to create a sunset
- Here we are using GL-23 for the yellow, CL-15 for the orange, and NE-17 for the pink
- The pigment from the acrylic powder will transfer onto the nail plate without increasing the amount of acrylic powder on the nail
PRO TIP: Have a piece of lint-free tissue or cloth on hand to clean the ombre brush in between colors
- Brush Step 2 Base onto the entire nail. Pour Base & Finish powder over the nail, then tap to remove excess.
PRO TIP: This will help create a more translucent looking mani!
- Repeat to build your ombre look and until you reach your desired thickness
- Apply Step 3 Activator onto the nail and allow a few minutes for powder to harden
- Then use our coarse grit buffer to even out the preferred thickness of the nails and the 240 grit buffer to smooth the nail surface
- Wash hands and nails thoroughly or wipe with alcohol
PRO TIP: Make sure nails are completely dry before moving to the next step!
- Apply another coat of Activator and allow 3-4 minutes for Activator to completely dry
- Apply a coat of Sealer in quick thin strokes
- Allow 3 minutes for nails to dry
- Repeat for super shiny nails
PRO TIP: Brushes may harden or pick up color powder during application. Simply switch them between Brush Softener for easy cleaning & workability.
- Summer may be ending soon, but your mani doesn't know that! This dreamy summer ombre nail look is the perfect mani to match with this (seemingly) endless summer.