Welcome to DipWell’s first Happy Hour (complete with a special limited time offer!) Unwind and treat yourself to a refreshing, easy-to-make French 75 cocktail and an easy-to-dip manicure to match.
For the dippers who like a little bit of history:
The French 75 cocktail’s origins date back to World War I when it was created at Harry’s New York Bar in Paris. The cocktail’s name is inspired by the French 75mm field gun used in the war. Much like the weapon it was named after, the French 75 became famous for its ability to pack a punch.
Over the years, the recipe for the French 75 has evolved, and different variations have emerged, but the classic ingredients have remained the same. With its refreshing balance of sweetness, tartness, and bubbliness, it's the perfect drink to sip during a warm and breezy spring afternoon.
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 1/2 oz gin
- 3/4 oz lemon juice
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- 2 oz champagne
- Lemon twist (for garnish)
Here’s how to make it:
- Fill a shaker with ice
- Add the gin, lemon juice, and simple syrup to the shaker
- Shake vigorously
- Strain into glass of choice (we recommend a flute or coupe glass)
- Top with Champagne and add a lemon twist for garnish
Give your nails the same level of attention as your cocktail with a Happy Hour promotion. We’ve curated a bundle of 3 powders inspired by a French 75. For a limited time, get JL01, NA04, and PA22 for just $24.97.
Use code HAPPYHOUR
(Offer ends at 11:59PM PT, 05/19/23)
- JL01 is a clear jelly glitter with fine silver grains suspended in clear jelly that reminds us of the bubbles in a French 75
- NA04 is a tawny mid-tone nude with a bit of sparkle reminiscent of champagne
- PA22 is a pastel lemon yellow that brings that familiar zesty energy
So, grab your friends, mix up some French 75s, and give yourself a DipWell mani. Cheers to a bubbly happy hour!