How to do Gray Dip Nails with Gold Foil
Est. $55+ / Mani
Est. $5 / Mani
For this mani you will also need gold foil, a pointed stick (or the orangewood stick from our Buffer Set), & a square of foil.
- Apply a thin coat of Step 1 Bond. Allow it to dry completely.
- Apply a thin coat of Step 2 Base to the entire nail. Immediately dip half of the nail at an angle into color powder NA-27. Tap finger to remove excess powder.
PRO TIP: Avoid getting the product onto cuticles, powder will pick up wherever Base is applied.
- Use a small scoop to quickly pour Base & Finish powder on the other half of the nail before the Step 2 Base dries. Tap finger to remove loose powder.
- Apply another coat of Step 2 Base. Then dip the fingernail halfway into color powder NA-27. Tap to remove loose powder.
PRO TIP: Brushes may harden or pick up color powder during application. Simply switch them between Brush Softener for easy cleaning & workability.
Get free tutorials every week!
Sign up for fresh nail inspo & exclusive discounts delivered right to your inbox!
- On a small piece of foil, add a few drops of Step 2 Base. Be sure to have some pieces of gold foil on hand.
- Dip a pointed tool, like a toothpick or cuticle stick, into the Step 2 Base, pick up pieces of foil, and apply them to the wet base where it meets the color powder.
- Dip fingernail into Base & Finish powder to cover the remainder of the wet base.
- Apply another coat of Step 2 Base to the entire nail. Then immediately dip fingernail into Base & Finish powder. Tap finger to remove loose powder.
- Apply Step 3 Activator and allow 3-5 minutes for powder to harden.
PRO TIP: If you live in a humid climate, you may need to increase your dry time.
- File and buff nails to create the desired shape & smoothness.
- Wash hands or use a lint-free wipe saturated in alcohol to clean the nails from filing debris.
PRO TIP: Make sure nails are completely dry before moving to the next step!
- Apply a thin coat of Step 4 Sealer and allow 2-3 minutes for nails to dry.
- Apply a final coat of Step 4 Sealer in thin, quick strokes and allow 2-3 minutes for nails to dry.
PRO TIP: Don't apply more than 2 consecutive coats of Sealer as this will prevent even drying & may result in a gummy mani.
- Gold foil nail art adds a glittering touch to this gray dip manicure. This mani has an organic feel with irregular shapes and a line of gold foil that’s forgiving and perfect for DIY’ing 😉
Get free tutorials, special deals every week!
Sign up for fresh nail inspo & exclusive discounts delivered right to your inbox.
THE BEST WAY TO START DIPPING
PICK YOUR FAVORITE COLORS AND GET ALL THE LIQUIDS YOU NEED TO CREATE YOUR OWN DIP MANIS THAT LAST 2+ WEEKS WITHOUT CHIPPING! BUILD YOUR OWN BUNDLE HERE!