Drip Nails with Dip Powder | Ice Cream-Inspired Summer Mani
Est. $63+ / Mani
Est. $4 / Mani
- Apply a coat of Step 1 Bond and allow it to dry completely.
- Apply a thin coat of Step 2 Base and immediately dip fingernail into Base & Finish powder.
PRO TIP: Avoid getting the product onto cuticles, powder will pick up wherever Base is applied.
- Tap finger to remove loose powder. Then use a fluffy brush to sweep off excess powder.
- Apply another coat of Step 2 Base, and immediately dip fingernail into color powder of choice. Here we’re using PA-20.
PRO TIP: Brushes may harden or pick up color powder during application. Simply switch them between Brush Softener for easy cleaning & workability.
Get free tutorials every week!
Sign up for fresh nail inspo & exclusive discounts delivered right to your inbox!
- Tap finger to remove loose powder, and run a pointed tool along the cuticles to remove excess product. Using a fluffy brush, sweep off excess powder from the nails. Repeat for more coverage.
- Add a few drops of Step 2 Base onto a small piece of foil.
- Using a dotting tool or toothpick, apply Step 2 Base creating a drip design.
- Use a small scoop to pour color powder of choice over the wet base. Here we’re using NE-17.
- Apply another coat of Step 2 Base and immediately dip fingernail into Base & Finish powder.
- Tap finger to remove loose powder, and use a fluffy brush to remove excess powder.
- Apply Step 3 Activator to the entire nail. Allow a few minutes for the dip blend to harden.
- File and buff nails to achieve desired shape & smoothness.
- Wash hands or use a lint-free wipe saturated in alcohol to remove any excess activator from the nail surface.
- Apply a thin coat of Step 4 Sealer to the entire nail. Allow it to dry for 1-2 minutes.
- Apply a second coat of Step 3 Activator to the entire nail. Allow nails to dry for a full 5 minutes.
PRO TIP: If you live in a humid climate, you may need to increase your dry time.
- Use a dry lint-free wipe to remove any excess activator from the nail surface.
PRO TIP: Make sure nails are completely dry before moving to the next step!
- Apply a coat of Step 4 Sealer in thin, quick strokes. Allow 2-3 minutes for nails to dry.
PRO TIP: In this step, you can also substitute Sealer for Step 2 Base!
- Apply a final coat of Step 4 Sealer to the entire nail. Allow 3-5 minutes for nails to completely dry.
PRO TIP: Don't apply more than 2 consecutive coats of Sealer as this will prevent even drying & may result in a gummy mani.
- Ice cream nails are oh-so-summery, and we love this drip nail design!
THE BEST WAY TO START DIPPING
PICK YOUR FAVORITE COLORS AND GET ALL THE LIQUIDS YOU NEED TO CREATE YOUR OWN DIP MANIS THAT LAST 2+ WEEKS WITHOUT CHIPPING! BUILD YOUR OWN BUNDLE HERE!