How To Apply Dip Powder Nails With Faux Nail Tips
est. $5 / Nail
est. $4 / Mani
- Apply a coat of Bond to all fingernails
- Apply a small amount of nail glue to attach the faux nail tip
PRO TIP: Be careful not to miss the sides. A small amount of glue goes a long way! There’s no need to be too generous with it. In fact, if you’ve had trouble with staying power, you might want to test decreasing the amount of glue you’re using
- Press and hold the faux nail tip to the natural nail
- Press for a minimum of 30 seconds
PRO TIP: Not sure if its fully dry yet? Gently wiggle the tip side to side to see if it shifts. Don't be tempted to lift it because this can fully remove the nail and you will need to start over.
- Buff where the faux tip and natural line meet to create a smooth transition
- Then using a 180 grit buffer, create a rough surface over the entire nail for dip product to adhere to
PRO TIP: Over-buffing will thin your natural nail, which we don’t want. Moderation is key. You can also use the buffer to gently push back your cuticles from your nail plates.
- Before starting dip application, sweep a generous coat of Step 1 Bond to the entire natural nail area, especially at the line where the faux nail tip meets the natural nail
- This gets rid of oiliness that may prevent dip products from adhering.
- Apply Step 2 Base halfway on the natural nail and sweep out to the free edge of the faux nail tip
- Immediately dip fingernail into Base & Finish Essential Powder
- Continue with a standard dip mani!
- Before you know it, your mani will be ready to take on the world with gorgeous, glossy nails that’ll last up to 6 weeks without chipping.
PRO TIP: If you’re looking for better retention, add in a second coat of Step 2 Base (close to the cuticles this time) and immediately dip into Base & Finish Essential Powder. If your focus is on achieving thin nails, skip this step