How to Do a Fill on Dip Nails | Dip Powder Fill Tutorial
Est. $40 / Mani
Est. $3 Or Less / Mani
Make sure you thoroughly prep nails to ensure adhesion & long-lasting wear! Push back cuticles, create a rough texture on the nail plate by filing, and sanitize thoroughly.
- File down the existing dip powder in the regrowth area, blending the edges of the dip powder to the natural nail bed.
PRO TIP: If your new mani shade is lighter than your previous one, be sure to file down through all of the color powder to the Base & Finish powder. Otherwise your old color may show through your new shade. Re-fills generally work best with the same or darker color.
- Use a Jelly Pusher to push back and trim edge of cuticle.
- Apply a coat of Step 1 Bond to the exposed natural nail and allow it to dry.
- Paint a thin coat of Step 2 Base to exposed natural nail and immediately dip finger into color powder.
PRO TIP: Avoid getting the product onto cuticles, powder will pick up wherever Base is applied.
- Repeat for more coverage.
PRO TIP: Tap finger to remove loose powder and use a fluffy brush to sweep off excess powder.
- Apply Step 3 Activator and allow 3-5 minutes for powder to harden.
- File to blend old and new dip.
- The buff & shape nails to your desired finish.
- Wash hands or use a lint free wipe saturated in alcohol to wipe the nails clean.
- Apply a second coat of Step 3 Activator, allow to dry 3-5 minutes.
- Apply a coat of Step 4 Sealer and allow 2-3 minutes for nails to dry.
PRO TIP: Brushes may harden or pick up color powder during application. Simply switch them between Brush Softener for easy cleaning & workability.
- Apply a second coat of Step 4 Sealer and allow 3-5 minutes for nails to dry.
PRO TIP: Don't apply more than 2 coats of Sealer as this will prevent even drying & may result in a gummy mani.
- Grown out nails are a problem of the past with this method!
THE BEST WAY TO START DIPPING
PICK YOUR FAVORITE COLORS AND GET ALL THE LIQUIDS YOU NEED TO CREATE YOUR OWN DIP MANIS THAT LAST 2+ WEEKS WITHOUT CHIPPING! BUILD YOUR OWN BUNDLE HERE!